Our Green Policy
At the Bull at Broughton we are all committed to doing what we can to help create and maintain an environmentally friendly work place. We understand that our work can have direct and indirect effects on the environment, at the Bull at Broughton we are working to minimise these effects where possible by using a management program in which we have operational procedures and an action plan for the future. We hope that by going to these measures we can continue to achieve in our environmental management program and become a more sustainable business.
Our commitment to this is our achievement of Bronze in the Green Tourism Business Scheme. This scheme is in place in order to help tourism businesses reduce the environmental impact of their activities. By encouraging and promoting these practices the scheme ensures the continued enjoyment of the environment around us for many generations to come.
Our Visitors Code of Conduct
Our Visitor’s Code of Conduct explains why and how to treat the environment with more care.
At The Bull at Broughton we are very committed to working in a sustainable way in order to do this we have devised this policy.
- We comply with the requirements of the environmental legislation and approved codes of practice.
- We continuously seek to improve our environmental and social performance.
- We recycle all waste we can as to reduce pollution, emissions and waste.
- We are using timed lighting and are working hard to do little things like shutting fridge doors and turning electricity off in rooms we are not using, defrosting things over night this helps reduce the use of energy, water and other resources
- We make sure we buy products locally where possible and use contractors with similar environmental standards.
- We have joined the Green Tourism Business Scheme as an indicator of our sustainable practices.
- We have now fitted new chemical systems which are much more efficient and prevent chemical waste therefore dramatically improving cost in use
- Working closely with Neales Waste their state of the art landfill & recycling plant means that more products then ever can be productively recycled. We have therefore provided new bins to recycle more used products such as plastic, glass, paper, cardboard and aluminium.
We would like to ask you to help us as much as possible. If you do have any suggestions please mention them to a member of our team.